Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lego Land Here we come!

 Carter has been wanted to go to Lego Land for a long time, and I mean really bad. So the other day Rob told him that if he could earn money for his ticket into Lego Land then he would take him. So that next morning when he woke up the first thing he did was make his bed and clean his room. (before being asked) and also did some other stuff around the house. The next day was sorta the same, got up made his bed and cleaned his play room. I personally was loving this arrangement cause then if I asked him to do something and he said no, then I could say "Well if you cleaned up your toys in the living room, you could earn 2 dollars towards Lego Land". And boom he'd be off!
Little did I know buying a seemingly innocent copy of Lego build magazine, would lead to the ruin of our new found plan for getting Carter to clean stuff up! He was upstairs reading it when he got really excited and tumbled down the stairs! "MOM! Guess what, you are never gonna believe what I have in my hands!" He showed me the magazine and I saw the print out for a "One free child admission to Lego Land (with any paid adult ticket)" Carter was grinning from ear to ear and shaking with the joy of a child who has just realized that his dream of going to valley of milk and honey no longer hinges on wether he has to clean up anymore!  I replied " wow,(somewhat half hearted, I too realized what this means) when dad get's home make sure and show him this. I bet you'll be able to go that much sooner!"
A little while later Rob get's home and basically within minutes Carter has the magazine shoved into his face showing him the ticket. Carter then said "Dad, look in here it say's one free ticket with paid adult ticket! Isn't that so great, we can go now! And I don't have to clean up anymore!!! Oh dad, this is like the greatest day ever!" Rob said "Well I guess we better start planning our trip. It's gonna be pretty cool!"
So moral of my story, I guess this is what happens when you go and teach your kid to read!

3 comments:

  1. Smart boy that Carter...and WHY are you up that early?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. We'll meet you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the clock on my computer is wrong! I do wake up early just not that early!

    ReplyDelete