Friday, July 1, 2011

where at least I know I'm free!!

Carter and Rob were sitting in the kitchen, and after a moment deep in thought Carter looked up and asked Rob, "Dad, why do parents make all the decisions for kids, cause God gave kids the freedom to make our own choices! So really why?" Sometimes after  I hear the things that he says I'm not sure if I should laugh, or stand up and sing Lee Greenwood's "I'm proud to be an American"! Maybe it's just all the red, white and blue and let freedom ring that has got him going, but then later this evening he repeated his famous words again! (I'm sorta paraphrasing here!) "Why, oh why must we be enslaved to the opinions of those evil dictators who rule over us! I say we have our freedom, let us make our own choices! Cereal for Dinner?? YESSS, Watch T.V. all day? YESS!!! Never take a shower again?? Absolutely! The choice is yours my fellow brethren!"

2 comments:

  1. He is just SO smart! I told my son, age 6, that he needs to "take responsibility for himself" and he asked, "You mean, be the boss of myself?" And I said, "yes." So he said, "YAY! I don't have to listen to you anymore!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. out of the blue yesterday Carter started the 'freedom' speech with me. I reminded him that one of the 10 commandments was "Honor Thy Father and thy Mother that thy days may be long upon the earth". I asked him what did that mean, and he said - "If I do what I'm told I will live longer?" Oh yeah....

    ReplyDelete