Thursday, June 2, 2011

crime and punishment

I don't know about anyone else but I am more than ready for school to be over with. I find it harder and harder for me to find motivation to motivate Carter to get out the door and be on time for school. The last few mornings I've seriously considered asked him if he wanted to skip school, but then I realize i would have to do the entertaining that day, so off we go. Today I was sorta taking my time and Carter was more than happy to take advantage of it, he was upstairs creating Lego's (per usual), and comes bounding down the stairs very excited to show me the latest creation. "Hey mommy, look what I made! Do you know what it is?" Now to the untrained eye it might look like a common hammer, but knowing Carter it probably is some super high tech rocket that drops "Canadian Bombs" (still not sure where the Canadian part came from) so to be on the safe side, I say "hmmm, is it a super high tech rocket that drops Canadian bombs?" he looked at me like "hello dummy!" and said quite incredulously, "Nooo, it's one of those things that a Janitor uses when your in trouble!" needless to say, I was even more confused so I asked him to explain. He replied "You know, the Janitor bangs it on the table when you get in trouble for doing something bad like throwing trash in the Grand Canyon!" as the light bulb went off in my head, I realized he was talking about a judges gavel, so I told him. "Carter did you mean a Judge's Gavel?"
He got excited again and said "Yeah mom, that's what I meant a Judge's gravel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment