Sunday, June 12, 2011

On the 7th day he rested.....

Usually on Sunday's I have Carter pack himself a little bag of books, paper, pen, and some fruit snacks to tide him over. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was carrying out the door as we left, but when we got in the car I looked back and noticed he had brought his bright yellow pillow pet duck with him. Which neither of my kids can live without at the moment. I looked back at him and told him that he wasn't going to be able to bring the pillow pet in to church. He stared back and explain "mom, do you know why i'm bringing this to church today?" I said no, but what ever the reason it wasn't coming inside. He then told me "well you know how i'm always laying on you and dad in church, and y'all always tell me to sit up. Well now you won't have to cause i won't bother you since i'll have my ducky here to lay on." I told him that the reason we told him to sit up wasn't because it bugs us, but church is not the time to be splayed out across the pew sleeping. He thought about it for a minute and then said, "No mom your wrong, after all why do you think they call it the day of REST!"

1 comment: