Friday, February 4, 2011

What mom doesn't know won't hurt her!

I apologize I haven't posted in a while. We have been plagued with the common cold!! But I think we are all finally on the mend. (cross fingers anyway). A couple of days ago my dad informed me that he would be going to Hawaii for a business trip, so I promptly invited my self to tag along. Which thankfully he said sounded good to him! So much to my great pleasure I will be spending 6 glorious days in Waikiki at the end of this month. So I told Carter I would be going and he asked why he couldn't go. Now you have to understand that whenever Rob and I go out of town we always tell Carter that the trip we are going on is going to be very boring with no kids stuff to do and lots of walking around, and then we tell him how much fun he'll have with the babysitter and all the fun stuff they are going to do. Then he has no desire to come on the trip with us. Which is pretty much the outcome we were hoping for. Back to the story at hand, Rob walked over to Carter and started whispering something and they both started snickering. I'm pretty sure they were making secret plans for fun stuff to do while i'm gone. Then a couple of other times i've walked into the room and they will stop talking really fast and kinda start laughing and winking at each other. (More secret plans)! So this morning Rob was taking him to school and out of the blue Carter said " Hey dad, while the cats away, the mice will play." and started laughing because he thought he was so clever! But we still aren't really sure if he actually knows what he is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment