Friday, February 10, 2012

tips on how to have a successful living!

Last week Carter came home with a note informing the parents that they would be having a school store on wednesday for the students, it gave a brief list of the stuff and prices. Carter haggled with us for a bit over how much money he should take to spend. His opening bid was $20! We eventually got it down to $5 and some change. That morning on the way to school Carter was asking me how much money he had and where i had put it for the day. At that point he asked me how much money I had. I replied "you mean how much do I have with me, or how much total?" he thought about it for a moment and answered "how much money do you have total?" so I asked him "how much do you think I have?" he scratched his chin and spat out "one million dollars!" laughing because I was curious to know why he thought I had that much. This was his reply. "Well cause you work really hard doing hair, plus you've been working for like..." he pauses to think back. "Like two whole years!" You could tell he was really proud of his estimation so I pressed a little more. "So do you think daddy made very much money when he played football?" Carter nodded quickly "Oh definitely! He probably made at least ten or twelve thousand dollars!" So to sum it up,  if you work two whole years doing hair you can be a millionaire, but if you play pro-football for eight you can plan on around ten to twelve thousand! I knew I picked the right profession!

2 comments:

  1. Man! I picked the wrong profession! I wonder how much he's thinking school teachers/SLP's make...

    On a related note, when I've asked several kids that I work with what they'd do with $1000, the response I usually get is, "I'd buy a new truck and a new house!" If $1000 is all it took to get those things, man would I be rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this!!! Kid opinions are the best.

    ReplyDelete