Sunday, January 22, 2012

No rest for the weary

I apologize for the extended absence, but as with most everyone else it has been somewhat of a busy first couple of weeks for our new year. With lots of birthdays, and even a shoulder surgery for Rob, which he actually just had done 3 days ago. So Thursday was the big day, but we didn't even head down to the surgery center until 6pm that night, which meant it was going to be a very long evening. And true to any medical procedure it lived up to all expectations! We ended up getting home around 12 but neither Rob nor I were able to fall asleep till around 4am. Then of course Carter was up at 7 to get ready for school. So basically by that evening i was pretty much the walking wounded. It was around 7ish and Paige asks me if I can "weyy down, wiff me!" Of course I'm thinking, bed, sleep, sounds A OK to me! We read her favorite book and I already find myself dosing off. Thankfully Paige was in a very patient mood that night and when I would rouse myself she would be just laying there staring at me! I finally make it through the 5 page book and she snuggles up to me and within milliseconds I am unconscious! It was probably only a few minutes but I wake up to Paige smacking me in the face saying, "mommee, mommee, wake up!!! 
you's gedding me all wet!!!!" I drag open my eyelids and realize that she is referring to the puddle of drool that is collecting on her shoulder. I sorta half mumble an apology and try to wipe the area dry, then begin to lay my head back down. At that point she yanks the blanket up from under me and tells me "mommee, I fink you need to go to you bed now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment